It can be challenging in winter to encourage children to go out and enjoy the outdoors. For those of you, like us, looking for things to do with kids during winter break, we’ve compiled a list of some our favorite winter outdoor activities. And we’ve thrown in a few jokes, in case you need something extra.
- Snow “Painting” with DIY paints like these by The SITS girls
- Snow drawing with “paintbrush” sticks
- Make it “snow” by standing under snow covered trees and let your kids shake the tree and branches.
- Create a snowy obstacle course, like this one from The Inspired Treehouse
- Go on a winter-themed nature walk or scavanager hung. We love these Rain Or Shine Mama and Montessori Nature.
- Make snow Lanterns like these by Little Green Fingers
- Cut out Snowshoe Monster Feet with these directions from Apartment Therapy
- Create “Ice Jewels” and dig for them outside like Wilder Child
- Make a real a snow “Volcano” like Growing a Jeweled Rose.
Helping our children learn at an early age to appreciate nature and make observations – even during this cold time of the year – is a great way to enlarge your child’s world and engage their senses in educational activities.
DIY SNOW PAINTS